Acupuncture side effects
People sometimes report feeling a bit spacey after an acupuncture treatment, and for this reason you should give yourself time to relax before dirving or jumping straight into work or other duties. The work of acupuncture and related treatment usually continues for several days after the treatment.
Most commons side effects are:
• drowsiness occurs after treatment in a small number of patients, and, if affected, you are advised not to drive
• minor bleeding or bruising occurs after treatment in about 3% of treatments
• pain during treatment occurs in about 1% of treatments
• existing symptoms can get worse after treatment (less than 3% of patients)
• fainting can occur in certain patients, particularly at the first treatment.